A list of earlier
- Together with René Veenstra, Jan Kornelis Dijkstra and Maarten van Zalk, I co-edited the 2013 Special Issue: Network and Behavior Dynamics in Adolescence of the Journal for Research on Adolescence.
- I gave an invited lecture on Advances in Actor-based Modelling of Network & Behavior Dynamics at the international workshop Trends in Social Network Research that took place November 15-16, 2013, at Academia Sinica, Taipei. Organizers of the workshop were Wei-chung Liu from the Institute of Statistical Science and Yen-sheng Chiang from the Institute of Sociology.
- September 16-20, 2013, I taught a workshop on Longitudinal Network Analysis with RSiena at Bertinoro Castle. Organisers were Raffaele Corrado and Simone Ferriani from University of Bologna's Department of Business Administration.
- In the week of June 17-21, 2013, I was teaching the yearly course on Social Network Dynamics in the Kansas University Summer Institute in Statistics. Organiser of the Summer Institute was Todd Little.
- On May 21, 2013, together with Christoph Stadtfeld, I taught the RSiena workshop attached to the XXXIII Sunbelt Social Networks Conference in Hamburg.
- April 2-5, 2013, I participated in the interdisciplinary workshop Statistical Network Science with Applications organised at the Lorentz Center in Leiden by Veronica Vinciotti and Ernst Wit.
- March 20-22, 2013, I taught a workshop on Actor-based Analysis of Social Network Dynamics and Peer Effects at the Institute for Empirical and Applied Sociology (EMPAS) of the University of Bremen. My host was Michael Windzio.
- March 14-16, 2013, together with Christoph Stadtfeld and Per Block, I was teaching a workshop on Applied Network Analysis at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES); our hosts were Frank Kalter and Dirk Hofäcker.
- February 13-14, 2013, together with Andrea Knecht, I taught a workshop titled Akteursbasierte Analyse von Netzwerkdynamiken mit der RSiena-Software at the University of Hamburg's Department of Social Sciences.
Our host was Betina Hollstein.
- October 1-5, 2012, I taught a PhD seminar titled Analyzing Social Network Dynamics and Peer Effects at the Institute of Business Administration of the University of Zurich. Organiser of the Guest Lecture Series is René Algesheimer.
- In the week of June 18-22, 2012, I was teaching the yearly course on Social Network Dynamics in the Kansas University Summer Institute in Statistics. Organiser of the Summer Institute was Todd Little.
- June 13-16, 2012, I was teaching a short workshop on longitudinal network analysis as part of the 5th Annual Political Networks Conference & Workshops that took place at University of Colorado's Wolf Law School. Organizers of the conference were Anand Edward Sokhey and Seth Masket.
- March 11-12, 2012, I participated in the 2nd Advanced Siena Users Meeting organised at Arizona State University's School of Social and Family Dynamics by David Schaefer and Tom Snijders.
- On March 7, 2012, as part of the SRA Peer Relations Preconference attached to the 14th SRA Biennial Meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia, I gave an invited methods lecture about Assessing Peer Influence in Dynamic Social Networks. Organisers of the preconference were Christina Salmivalli and René Veenstra.
- I was organiser of the 6th SIENA Workshop in Groningen on longitudinal network analysis with the Siena software, which took place 23-27 January 2012. I taught this course together with Filip Agneessens and Mark Huisman.
- December 15, 2011, I was teaching a workshop on The Analysis of Dynamic Networks with RSiena at the ESC-Toulouse. The workshop was part of the 6čme journée des réseaux sociaux ŕ Toulouse (ReSTo), organized by Ainhoa de Federico, Brigitte Gay, and Frédéric Amblard.
- November 17-18, 2011, I was teaching a Sociometry Workshop at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES); my hosts were Frank Kalter and Jörg Dollmann.
- October 10-11, 2011, I was teaching a workshop on longitudinal network analysis as part of the 7th China Social Network and Guanxi Management Conference that took place October 9-13, 2011, at East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai. The local organisers were prof. Yi Guo and dr. Stanley Chen.
- September 20, 2011, I was giving a colloquium talk on Modelling & Measuring Peer Influence in Changing Social Networks at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES).
- Together with Tom Snijders, Alessandro Lomi, and Filip Agneessens, I was teaching the Summer School on Network Dynamics in Groningen, August 29 - September 6, 2011. The summer school is part of the European Science Foundation's QMSS-2 program.
- In the week of July 11-15, 2011, together with Liesbeth Mercken I taught a Summer School in the Analysis of Longitudinal Network Data at Bertinoro Castle. Organisers of the summer school were Raffaele Corrado and Simone Ferriani from University of Bologna's Faculty of Economics.
- In the week of June 20-24, 2011, I was teaching a course on Social Network Dynamics in the Kansas University Summer Institute in Statistics. Organiser of the Summer Institute was Todd Little.
- June 16-18, 2011, I was enjoying the hospitality of my host Keith Warren at Ohio State University's College of Social Work.
- On May 13, 2011, I was speaker at the ICS' 25th Anniversary in Groningen.
- April 11-13, 2011, together with Marijtje van Duijn I was teaching and consulting at the sociology of Education and Science Laboratory of the St. Petersburg branch of the State University - Higher School of Economics. Our hosts were Daniel Alexandrov and Valeria Ivaniushina. Some impressions from the visit can be found here.
- April 6-8, 2011, I participated in the 1st Advanced Siena Users Meeting organised at the University of Konstanz by Ulrik Brandes, Natalie Indlekofer, and Tom Snijders.
- I was invited speaker at the VOC Jubilee Meeting of the Dutch/Flemish Classification Society that took place November 12-13, 2009, in Wageningen.
- Together with Mike Pearson, I taught a master class on Social Network Analysis Methodology and Software, which preceded the Stirling Conference on Social Network Analysis at the University of Stirling. Convener of both events was David Griffiths; the date was 17-18 September, 2009.
- In the week of June 15-20, 2009, I taught a Summer School in the Analysis of Longitudinal Network Data in Forlě (Bertinoro Fortress). Organisers of the summer school were Raffaele Corrado and Simone Ferriani from University of Bologna's faculty of Economics.
- As part of the LINKS Center Summer SNA Workshop at the University of Kentucky, I taught a 3-day module on Stochastic Modelling of Networks with SIENA. The workshop took
place June 1-5, 2009.
- I participated in the kickoff meeting of the working group "Evolution and Co-Evolution" of the ESF COST Action on Physics of Competition, Cooperation and Conflict, which took place in Madrid, January 26-28, 2009.
- At the 7th International Conference on Social Research Methodology in Naples (1-5 September, 2008), I co-hosted the sessions on social network analysis - together with Nua Ferligoj (three sessions on network analysis in general), and Tom Snijders (session on network dynamics).
- In the context of the summer course Theory, methods and applications of social networks, organised by José Luis Molina at the Universitat Autňnoma de Barcelona, I was teaching the SIENA components. The workshop took place July 7-11, 2008.
- At the Harvard conference on Networks in Political Science (June 13-14, 2008), I taught a SIENA workshop module, together with John Scholz. The workshops preceded the main conference and took place June 11-12.
- Together with Mark Huisman, Marijtje van Duijn, and Tom Snijders, I was teaching the 4th Groningen workshop on profitable use of the SIENA software. The workshop took place
March 31 - April 3, 2008, in Groningen.
- Together with Tom Snijders, I taught the SIENA workshop at the XXVIII Sunbelt Social Networks Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida, January 22-27, 2008.
- Attached to the 4th conference on Applications of Social Network Analysis (ASNA 2007) that took place in Zürich, September 12-14, 2007, I was teaching a SIENA workshop focused on longitudinal network modelling.
- May 15-18, 2007, I participated in the DIMACS workshop on Spatio-temporal and Network Modelling of Diseases that took place at the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Edinburgh. Click here for my contribution.
- Together with Tom Snijders, I was teaching the SIENA workshop at the XXVII Sunbelt Social Networks Conference on Corfu, May 1-6, 2007.
- On invitation by the Graduate Centre Social Sciences at the University of Vienna, I have been teaching a workshop on social network analysis. The German-language workshop took place April 10-12, 2007.
- I have been working at the Cardiff Institute for Society, Health and Ethics in early February 2007. The visit took place in the context of the MRC-financed project Social Network Analysis of Peers.
- Together with Tom Snijders, I have been teaching the 3rd one-week workshop on profitable
use of the SIENA software. The workshop took place January 8-11, 2007 in Groningen.
For information about the regular curricular courses that I have been teaching in Groningen,
see the teaching page.
<< BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE <<